- With the right design, gravel can compliment landscaping beautifully. For example, some people choose to use pavers for their main patio and use attractive pea gravel for winding pathways through flower beds or perennial borders.
- Gravel comes in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors. It is relatively easy to install, but should be undergirded with sand, leveled, and tamped down well.
- Some people associate gravel with the standard angular, light gray gravel commonly used as a cheaper substitute for pavement.
- If not maintained, gravel leaves room for weeds to crop up and grass to escape the border of the lawn.
- Larger gravel can be uncomfortable to walk on with bare feet.